Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Pray

Take me by the hand and lead me to your promised land
Show me things I've never known
Heal me so there's pain no more

Guide me through this tragic world
Shield me from its daily purge
Cover me with your life giving blood
Embrace me in your tender love

Build me up when I am weak...
to weak to stand; too weak to speak
Shake me lose from procrastinations' arms;
break me free from depressions' scars

Empower me through your Spoken Word
Enlighten me with your written verse
Lift me from earths decaying hold
Enfold me in warmth...in joy...with your simple touch

Teach me the patience to love and to...love
Create in me a heart that is clean and honest
and just as just and pure as yours

Wash me without and wash me within
Renewing, refreshing, rejuvenating, restoring
Awaken my soul to your hearts beating rhythm
I cherish,
I honor,
I worship,
I pray


By: Tarin Glenn-Brown
(c)2011

No comments: