Friday, October 26, 2012

Confessions


I hurt myself
   to forget you

I despaired in my being
   to erase your memory

I sat in the darkest corners of my soul
    and watched the shadows
       of light flit carelessly through
          the holes

I buried my emotions
   to forget the pain

I sank to the depths of despair
    to erase the shame
        the shame of loving
           loving in silence

I cradled my heart
   its cracks protecting
               preventing the sheer fall
        from hand to floor

I shackled my tears
                              and ceased to exist
   while fighting to restore my ground

I gave myself
    to feel again
and lost myself instead.

I shut down my emotions
      on the ride to destruction
and awoke to the danger in sight

I inhaled
          exhaled
    blinked
           twice
and stepped off the one way track to hell
...
...
...
I bear the scars
      that tell the tale

I hold the memories
                             that soon will fade...


by Tarin Glenn-Brown
(c) 2007

No comments: