Friday, October 26, 2012

DeJa Vu

Yesterday I stood at the edge of forgetfulness;
My life, an unwritten story, about to be unravelled.

Yesterday the clouds played hide and seek with my sun;
More hide than seek...more dark then light.

Yesterday I felt my heart splinter and my soul begin to crumble

Yesterday the edges of sanity brushed intimately with insanity,
and pleaded the fifth in my inner court.

Yesterday the rains were dark and gloomy,
devoid of life and laughter.

Yesterday - I died.

Today - I'm reborn

Today I stood at the precipice of remembrance.
My life, an untold story, waiting to be revealed.

Today my sun beat back life's darkening clouds.
Bringing life, and light and sound.

Today I felt my heart replenished and my soul begin to heal

Today the wide plain of sanity pushed insanity to the far recesses of my mind.

Today the rains are light and glorious.
Renewing, refreshing; filled with laughter.

Today I remembered that TODAY.....I came alive.


by Tarin Glenn-Brown
August 14, 2008 (c)

No comments: