Saturday, November 30, 2013

"Sowing in Tears"

Sometimes its so hard to think of that verse in the Bible where it says God will never give us more than we can bare, because when we are at our lowest points and the pain just keeps coming its easier to think we cannot make it...we cannot get past the pain. At that point how do you even think about or consider sowing good seed? pain, anger, fear, depression, they all blind us to the greater good...to the chance to use our hurt for Gods good. I know, I sound like its the easiest thing to do when in reality its not. I know. I've been there. I've walked in those shoes before. I've told myself I can't make it...its better to just give up...surrender to the darkness inside they call depression. But that was before I became acquainted with that little verse that told me that whatever I was going through was not strong enough to bring me down because God promised He would NEVER give me more than I can bare!! Praise God for that promise because it made a HUGE difference in my life. I've hurt more than I thought it possible to hurt....felt so sad I thought I would drown in it....sunk so low I felt my soul being buried alive BUT I remembered that promise! I remembered that promise! and thank you Jesus I was able to get up! get up and walk! get up and say I will NOT be brought low! My God has promised that in the midst of my tears I am capable and able to sow His seed! He gave me that assurance and the same applies to you. Someone out there is seeing Gods strength and love and compassion and forgiveness through your tears. You've seen Him work miracles in your life. You've felt Him move in your life. How can you not sow in tears?? It hurts for a moment but joy comes in the morning!

No comments: