Saturday, November 30, 2013

This Thing Called Love

I don't know what love is.
I've never experienced it.
This need to be around you,
Feeling complete only with you.
What does it mean?
I cry - you dry. I laugh - you smile.
I hurt - you feel. I love - you love.
What is this thing?
What does it mean to love?
What does it mean to love someone?
It eludes me. Continues to confuse me..
Where did this come from?
The desire to love and be loved.
That I understand - conceptualization.
But what does it all mean?
To have and to hold from this day forward.
To love and to cherish as long as there is life.
Committed to each other.
Respecting each space.
Growing together - growing old together.
Happy, sad, angry - emotions all real.
Building life as one unit.
Desiring to be just one unit.
Existing for this sanctioned unit.
Understanding why you are a unit.
Accepting each other as one unit. Is this love?
I don't know what love is.
I've never experienced it.
But I'd like to.


By Tarin Glenn-Brown (20/2/04)

No comments: